Elite Inside #6 feat. Mirco Berner
The Ultra-Trail® World Tour offers support (travel, accommodation & race entries) to elite runners in collaboration with participating events.
All of the selected runners have proven to be top-notch athletes.
- They have shown extreme endurance, both physically and mentally
- They have respected the values of trail-running
- They have contributed to develop the global ultra-trail community
More information about the UTWT Elite Athlete Support Program can be found HERE!
In the 2015 series of interviews, the Ultra-Trail® World Tour will give a little inside about some of the runners who received support.
3 Best Results:
- 1st Gore-Tex-Transalpine-Run in 2014
- 3rd Salomon 4Trails in 2014
- 3rd Swiss Alpine 78k in 2014
2014 UTWT Ranking:
1st season in 2015
Goals for 2015/2016:
- Focus on the Madeira Island Ultra-Trail (MIUT)
- Trailrunning World Championship in Annecy (FRA)
Best memory from trail-running:
The descent from the Tre Cime to Sexten during the Transalpine-Run
Why have you chosen this sport?
I like running because of the chance it gives you to explore nature, especially in trail running. It enables me to feel the soul of the mountains and meet a lot of knew people.
How long have you been running (ultra-) trail races?
I basically started running 20 months ago and I’ve been involved in trail running since early last year.
Which is your favourite race of the UTWT? And why?
I have not participated in an UTWT race yet but my favourite is UTMB because of its myth.
Do you have any recommendations for preparing/running an ultra-trail?
When you run an ultra you have many ups and downs, so you should prepare your mind for the downs.
What is your favourite proverb?
“No pain, no gain.”
Do you have a habit you always follow before a race?
Not at all.