Elite Inside #6 feat. Mirco Berner
The Ultra-Trail® World Tour offers support (travel, accommodation & race entries) to elite runners in collaboration with participating events.
All of the selected runners have proven to be top-notch athletes.
- They have shown extreme endurance, both physically and mentally
- They have respected the values of trail-running
- They have contributed to develop the global ultra-trail community
More information about the UTWT Elite Athlete Support Program can be found HERE!
In the 2015 series of interviews, the Ultra-Trail® World Tour will give a little inside about some of the runners who received support.
3 Best Results:
- 1st Gore-Tex-Transalpine-Run in 2014
- 3rd Salomon 4Trails in 2014
- 3rd Swiss Alpine 78k in 2014
2014 UTWT Ranking:
1st season in 2015
Goals for 2015/2016:
- Focus on the Madeira Island Ultra-Trail (MIUT)
- Trailrunning World Championship in Annecy (FRA)
Best memory from trail-running:
The descent from the Tre Cime to Sexten during the Transalpine-Run
Why have you chosen this sport?
I like running because of the chance it gives you to explore nature, especially in trail running. It enables me to feel the soul of the mountains and meet a lot of knew people.
How long have you been running (ultra-) trail races?
I basically started running 20 months ago and I’ve been involved in trail running since early last year.
Which is your favourite race of the UTWT? And why?
I have not participated in an UTWT race yet but my favourite is UTMB because of its myth.
Do you have any recommendations for preparing/running an ultra-trail?
When you run an ultra you have many ups and downs, so you should prepare your mind for the downs.
What is your favourite proverb?
« No pain, no gain. »
Do you have a habit you always follow before a race?
Not at all.