Runners from everywhere – David Maillochon
A French runner willing to complete a super challenge
David Maillochon lives in Angers (France), he is 49.
He has been fond of trail running since 2000 and his first participation to the Grand Raid de la Réunion (Diagonale des fous). Since then, he has developed his knowledge and experience about a fast-growing discipline. He has created a coaching group in Angers (Impulsion Trail Angers).
He is also the Chairman of the association ‘Ent’raid’ (website here ; facebook page here). This association has been in tight relation with other ones working for disabled children. They take part to races and organize their own challenges to raise funs. Since it was created more than €50.000 were given.
Why do we focus and share David’s story?
First, because he is an amateur but great runner, here is a few of his many performances:
- Diagonale des Fous – Reunion Island (11-time finisher!!)
- Verdon Canyon Challenge – France (3 times)
- Raid du Cro Magnon – France (2 times)
- Grand Raid des Pyrénées – France (2 times)
- Transgrancanaria – Spain
- Madeira Island Ultra-Trail – Portugal
- Roc de la Lune – France (3 times)
Second, because he and his association mates tempt a hell of a challenge: finishing all the races of the World Tour in 3 years!
Look out his program in 2016, all of the races are part of the Ultra-Trail World Tour:
- Tarawera Ultramarathon in February
- MIUT in April
- Ultra-Trail Australia in May
- Lavaredo Ultra-Trail in June
- Grand Raid de la Réunion in October
Welcome to the UTWT Family David and bravo!