Following the continuation of certain measures and in line with governmental advice from across the world due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we inform you that a further number of upcoming events within the ULTRA-TRAIL® WORLD TOUR 2020 circuit have been either postponed or cancelled:
- The Whalers' Great Route Ultra-Trail, originally scheduled for the 8th May, has been postponed to the 30th October – 1st November.
- The VVX Volvic-Volcanic Experience, originally scheduled for the 22nd May, has been cancelled.
- The Ultra-Trail® Australia, originally scheduled for the 16th May, has been postponed to the 22nd – 25th October.
- The mozart100®, originally scheduled for the 20th June, has been postponed with the new dates yet to be confirmed.
- La Sportiva Lavaredo Ultra-Trail®, originally scheduled for the 26th June, has been cancelled.
- The Western States® 100miles Endurance Run, originally scheduled for the 27th June, has been cancelled.
- Val d'Aran by UTMB®, originally scheduled for the 3rd July, has been cancelled.
The first edition will be scheduled from 9 to 11 July 2021.
- Eiger Ultra-Trail®, originally scheduled for the 19th July, has been cancelled.
The ULTRA-TRAIL® WORLD TOUR team continues to offer its full support to the race organizers who have made these responsible decisions to postpone or cancel. We fully appreciate the preparation that has already been undertaken for these events, but equally understand that the health and safety of all those involved is of the utmost importance, and the reason for these necessary precautions.
The ULTRA-TRAIL® WORLD TOUR team equally wishes to express its support to all the athletes who were due to participate in the above races. We recognize the huge amount of hard work and training that goes into each race, and as such realise the direct impact these decisions will have upon each runner.
These are unprecedented times for the global trail running family and all other communities, whether sporting or otherwise, across the world. That said, by continuing to show responsibility and expressing solidarity with all those affected, together we will emerge from this crisis stronger and more unified. The ULTRA-TRAIL® WORLD TOUR team wishes to thank you all for your continued commitment, patience and resilience.
The ULTRA-TRAIL® WORLD TOUR management team is in close communication with all of the event organizers and remains alert and vigilant to the latest updates on the circuit. To keep informed of the most recent news, please continue to check our website www.ultratrail-worldtour.com and our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
There, in addition to the latest news you can find exclusive ULTRA-TRAIL® WORLD TOUR content, such as interviews with athletes and race directors, a look back at past seasons with newly released stories and stats, and a wide selection of photos and videos. The ULTRA-TRAIL® WORLD TOUR has also made archive content from the 2019 season available to all its official broadcasters.
CHECK THE NEW RACE CALENDAR
New UTWT 2020 calendar available here